Here some reasons why corporations or individuals usually partner with a certified coach:
- Design your life to maximize fulfilment
- Create clarity on what you really want in your life
- Strengthen your personal foundation, raise your standards
- Start attracting into your life, rather than struggling
- To create more balance in your life
- To challenge you to stretch and grow in new and exciting ways
- To explore your life purpose and vision and integrate it fully into your life
- To process through problems and challenging periods
- Give yourself an edge in your career and in your life.
WHAT IS COACHING ABOUT:
Coaching is partnering with you in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximise their personal and professional potential.
Coaching is future focused. It is not fixated with the past. I will enable you to take control of your life through actionable strategies for the improvements and goals which you want to see manifest in your life.
In a coaching relationship, the coach may or may not be an expert in your professional field.
Expertise in the field isn’t necessary. The role of the coach isn’t to advise or counsel, but it honours your adequacy to solve your own problems and provides the support and accountability for you to set and reach your own goals.
Coaches do not give solutions. I believe that individuals and organizations can solve their problems if they are given tools to enable them to self-discover.
WHAT COACHING IS NOT:
Before we define further what coaching is, let’s differentiate coaching from other types of support professions.
- Counselling Therapy vs. Coaching : Counselling deals with helping people get well. The focus of counselling is healing wounds from past emotional traumas from life experiences or relationships. A counsellor engages with the client in order to diagnose the problem to bring them to emotional and psychological wholeness.
- Mentoring vs. Coaching : In a mentoring relationship, a client seeks a mentor because of their perceived expertise in a portion of their life that they are hoping to develop. The mentor provides advice, wisdom, and counsel that is born of their experience and imparts it to the client.
- Consulting vs. Coaching : Consultants work with an organization and individuals as experts in their field who diagnose problems and develop strategies to help them accomplish their goals.
WHAT IS COACHING?
I honour you as the expert in your life and work and believe you can be creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit your-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the you responsible and accountable
Coaching is an intentional relationship where a coach supports you in developing vision and goals for your professional and personal life and utilizes multiple strategies to empower you to use yout personal power to discover your own solutions.
The nature of a coaching relationship is empowerment and accountability. It is assumed that you desire to see real change in your life.
The coach, as a change expert, empowers you to take control of your life, fulfil your potential, and reach your goals.
Coaches challenge, stretch, push, and hold you accountable all the while communicating an affirmation of “I believe in you.”
DETERMINING GOALS & OBJECTIVES
In the coaching relationship, it is imperative that you establish each goal and objectives
Coaching is about giving up the need to give answers or impart an expert experience. Coaching values the adequacy and design of the individual to draw from their own well of resources and experiences.
As you draw from yourself in this way, ownership immediately begins to take place because the thoughts, motivations, goals, and objectives originated in your own heart and mind.
SUPPORTING, AFFIRMING, & HOLDING ACCOUNTABLE GOALS & OBJECTIVES
In every follow-up that I will have with you, there is a need to have a clear agenda, expectations, and goals, otherwise there will be nothing for us to support, nothing for you to do, and consequently, no growth.
In each meeting, it is imperative that action items for the client be clearly and succinctly stated with a timeline on each.
This standard needs to be set with the initial coaching agreement and maintained in each meeting, otherwise one can expect ineffective meetings where what was discussed last time gets rehashed while no steps are taken.
The support structure that a coach puts in place and maintains is essential to success. For example, the coach may request a progress report on each of the action items from the previous meeting,
Acknowledge and affirm accomplishments, value you by remembering key facts, ask for new action items to continue moving forward.
The orientation of every coaching meeting, conversation and action item is future forward.
There is an objective behind meeting, and set goals are meant to be accomplished.